Thursday, October 06, 2005

Letting Go

My friend wrote this list about me:


You are a beautiful person Vashion.
You are stong and confident.
You are a loving and committed Wife
You are a fun person.
You have a wonderful sense of humor.
You are fun to hang out with and be around.
You are a dependable person.
You are a hard worker.
You are a teamplayer.
You are wise.
You adapt to change quickly.
You are open minded.
You are compassionate
You can not be replaced.


She is right. These are truths about me which others see in me - some of which I acknowledge, others which I did not, but I will from now on. Here is also my new daily mantra that I just wrote today:


I agree to send out peace and blessings, not unhappiness or negativity or to seek revenge towards anyone who may have hurt me.

I agree to ask God to help me heal my past hurts and to help me move on, and though I may not be able to forget what happened, even if for a very long time, I will forgive.

I agree to ask forgiveness to anyone I may have hurt. Whether they forgive me or not is not up to me. The fact that I have admitted my hurting them and asked their forgiveness is what matters.

I agree to let it go, I agree to wash my hands of it.

Thank you, Jesus.

Also, a poem called "Let It Go:"


Let it go
I know it's hard to do
Especially when the one you loved
In return did not love you


Let it go
I know it's going to hurt
It may even tear you up inside
But if you keep holding on to it, the best part of you may die

Let it go
I know you're mad and you want to cry and shout
Go ahead and do that
Because living life and letting go of the past is what YOUR LIFE needs to be about

Let it go
Let it fly free into the hands of the Lord
Let Him handle this
Vengeance is His, so cut the cord

Let it go
Let yourself in and let the badness subside
Let it go
Come on out and enjoy the world outside


Let it go
When one door closes, many doors and windows open up
Let it go
Because once you completely free yourself from your past hurts, God will overfill your cup

Amen!

No comments: