Monday, September 19, 2005

Thoughts For Today

I gained a new, true friend, and she and I went out to dinner, saw a play and hung out at her house afterwards this past Saturday evening. She is someone who worked at the same company as I did earlier this year, and we spoke to each other in passing while I was still employed there, but not a lot. I knew, however, that she was someone with whom I wanted to communicate. The day after I quit that job, I e-mailed her, she responded to the e-mail, and she I have been friends ever since. She invited me to a "Ladies Night Out" party a day or two after we started chatting, and it was wonderful! Then, she and I met at the Cheesecake Factory a week or so later. When we met, she gave me a gift bag, and I asked her what it was. She said that there was a card and birthday gifts for me. I barely even knew her at that time, yet, she thought enough of me to give me a belated birthday present. I'm happier than I've ever been, and I've finally got a REAL friend.

No comments: